Hilltop Road Public School aims to help children to live and learn together in a challenging yet caring learning environment.
The school is committed to:
developing an effective partnership with all members of the school community
academic excellence where students are rewarded for effort and achievement
giving students opportunities to reach their full potential
ensuring quality teaching and learning
encouraging our students to become responsible and independent decision makers
developing a high academic, aesthetic, physical and cultural environment where children feel safe and happy
providing and encouraging continual learning for all members of the school community.
Hilltop Road Public School has specialised programs in early childhood, literacy and numeracy and provides a balance of academic, cultural and sporting activities.
Hilltop Road Public School celebrated its 50th birthday in 2002. In 2002 Hilltop Road had grown to 19 classes and about 580 children. When the school opened in 1952 it had 3 classes & 90 children. It had only 2 buildings made from wood. When Hilltop Road opened in 1952, it was originally called Wentworthville South Infants School, changing its name to Hilltop Road Public School in 1955.
Our school is older than:
Stockland Mall, built in 1972
post office, built in 1960
shops near the station, established in 1965
Corner Shop, established in 1955 (This shop served as the first canteen for the growing school).